Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT A RECIPE

I often find myself looking at these amazing blogs of random people who are superwifes. (Chris always asks me if I know these people....He just doesn't get it.) These women could be Martha Stewart, Julia Childs, and Paula Dean all rolled into one. Sadly, they put me to shame, but I tell myself, "I bet I could run faster than them", to try to make myself feel better. You're right, that's childish, but I spend most of my day with third graders so they tend to rub off on you. So, don't expect this to be anything glamorous. I try to get my veggies in every day and am always on the look out for new ideas. I love to bake eggplant. It's so yummy with a little cheese and marinara sauce. My new kick is acorn squash. My Dad used to bake these when we were growing up. They're kind of tough to slice in half, but that's what husbands are for. After the seeds are cleaned out from the middle, I cover each half with press and seal and stick in the microwave for 8 minutes until the sides are soft. After cooling, I spoon the insides out and mix with a little Splenda and top with cinnamon. It's delicious. I usually cook several at a time and keep the extras in a large ziploc baggie in the fridge. One cup is a serving and equals one point on Weight Watchers. If you have a sweet tooth, you could try my Dad's version. He mixes in lots of butter and brown sugar.

No comments: