Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a Boy!

I'm an aunt for the seventh time! My sister had her second child last Thursday. Emmitt David Brown came into the world July 17 at 7:20 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long, the exact same as big sis Evie.
My brother-in-law, Josh, and Evie admiring Baby Emmitt. And yes, if you ask Josh, he was named in honor of Emmitt Smith. My sister, Andrea, just wanted a cute "E" name, so she let Josh's dream come true. Josh even brought his Emmitt Smith football jersey to the hospital and had his lucky Emmitt Smith football card in his pocket during the birth.
Evie, Emmitt, and Aunt "K-K"
We celebrated Emmitt's birthday with cake. My sister had the cute idea of singing Happy Birthday to Emmitt to help include Evie in Emmitt's arrival. She suggested cupcakes, but Aunt "K-K" opted for a personalized mini-cake. I had to later apologize for the pink icing. Sorry, Josh, it was the only one the bakery had!


Emmitt we're so glad you're finally here! We love you little guy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! Your blog looks great.

Anonymous said...

Yea Kelli!!! He is precious! And I'm so glad that you've joined the blogging world with us!

Amy said...

He's adorable!! Does it make you want to have on yet?!?!

Amy said...

I meant...does it make you want to have one yet??

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! He is precious!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kelli on being an Aunt AND for figuring out how to get the pictures off your camera! He is so precious and I didn't know she was doing "E" names like me. Your blog looks great!

Alecia said...

He's adorable!
<><