Friday, March 13, 2009

4 years!

Yesterday, Chris and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. As a little girl, I always wanted to marry my high school sweetheart. We started dating when I was 16 and dated for 7 years before we got married. I remember daydreaming about when I would be Kelli Starke. I would always practice my future signature on my assignments in high school. In fact, I recently saw a girl I went to high school with. One of the first things she asked me was, "Did you ever marry Chris?" She had never even met Chris, but she remembered me writing over and over "I love Chris" on everything. Sappy, I know. I have loved every second of our journey together. The ups and downs of life only make you stronger. I truly feel like God hand picked us to be together. He's my puzzle piece. Two years ago, I made Chris a book title, "101 Things I love About You..." Here are just a few of the many reasons why I love Chris. (In no particular order, some are deeper than others!)
************************************************************************
#1 You asked to kiss me for our first kiss.
#4 Your "auburn" hair.
#17 You're friends with my dad.
#20 You kiss my forehead.
#26 You can fall asleep any time, any place.
#28 You know every word to every song from every decade.
#40 The way you hold a baby.
#51 You love the weather channel.
#59 You're humble.
#75 You love and serve God.
#88 You take me to get a drink at Sonic even though you hate Sonic.
#93 We laugh at the same things.
************************************************************************
I'm so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. I love our love story. I love you babe! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Happy Anniversary! Great blog. Dustin and I are highschool sweethearts as well. I met him when I was 16 and he was my first and only kiss. We will be celebrating 10 years this year. Hope you had a great anniversary!